Did you know that your child will spend around 13,000 hours in classroom by the time they finish high school?
This makes choosing the right school an important decision. Therefore, when you’re looking to compare schools be aware of all of your options.
Oftentimes, choosing the right school for you may be as simple as geographical restrictions. Finding a school that is close to home is very often the first place we look. However, this should be far from the only criteria.
For many families, choosing the right school can and often does become a difficult decision.
How to best Compare Schools and what to look out for?
Experts generally agree that using your child’s potential at success in different areas and environments as a gauge when starting your search. Understanding their abilities, strengths, weaknesses and areas of interest are good starting points. Take both their academic capabilities and aptitude in music, arts and sport into account before deciding.
From here it’s a matter of finding schools that best cater to these requirements, whilst also considering personal preferences such as:
- How difficult and safe is the commute for your child?
- Do you prefer the public or private school sector?
- How affordable are the school fees and additional costs?
- Is your child more likely to succeed in a more affordable schools and after-school tutoring?
- Are you considering a religious education for your child?
- Would you prefer co-ed schools or single-sex schools?
- Is sending your child to a boarding school a good option?
- Is your child more likely to excel in smaller or larger class sizes?
- Which schools are the friends of your child going to?
- Does the school have specialised programs catered to your child’s strengths and interests?
These and many other questions should be considered, which is why we advise that upon your research you take the time to talk to the staff at any school you’re considering. Asking important questions such as “How many children are starting in the year alongside my child?” could play a big role in your decision.
Once the long and sometimes arduous process to compare schools and choose the school that best fits your child, consider if additional after-class tutoring would help them excel.
Lynn’s Learning offers very affordable individualised Maths and English tuition programs to help your child excel.
Get in touch today for your obligation free assessment and give your child a brighter future.